Last Updated: July 1, 2020
STRANGELY COMPELLING MULTIMEDIA, INC.
Your privacy is important to Strangely Compelling Multimedia, Inc. We are committed to handling any personal information obtained from our customers with the utmost care, and we believe that doing so is our duty to society.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- THE PURPOSE OF USE AND THE SOURCE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- HOW LONG WE KEEP IT
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
- HOW YOU MAY CHANGE, REMOVE, OR EXPORT YOUR INFORMATION
- LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
- NON-US USERS
- RIGHTS OF USERS FROM THE EEA
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- CONTACTING STRANGELY COMPELLING MULTIMEDIA, INC.
I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect through the Services both personal information that identifies you and can be used to contact you, and non-personal information, which is data in a form that does not allow direct association with you, which may include technical information, including the IP address through which you are accessing the Services and the unique device ID or virtual unique device identifier for any device you may be using.
- Data You Provide to Us
We collect and store the personal information you provide us when purchasing, registering, using, or inquiring about the Services, and when you sign up for our events, promotions, mailing lists, take surveys, or when you apply for employment with SCM. This information includes:
- Contact information, such as your email address, address, or phone number;
- Your account id and password;
- Profile information, such as a profile photo;
- Transaction information, including payment information;
- Your communication with us, including in relation to customer support inquiries and chat logs;
- Your education, employment history, qualifications and the contact information of any professional references; and
- Any other data which you willingly provide to us when using the Services.
- Data We Collect Automatically
SCM automatically collects and stores certain technical, game-related, and customer purchase information to generate aggregate statistics to improve the Services. Most of this information is non-personal, which means that this information by itself cannot be used to identify you; but this data may be used to identify you when combined with other information. This information includes:
- Data about your account and purchase history;
- Your internet location and device identifiers;
- Additional information about your device, such as device name, operating system, browser type and language;
- Location data (based on your IP address and telecommunications provider); and
- Data We Collect From Third Parties (service provider, business partners and SCM group companies)
SCM may merge the personal information collected at the SCM website with data from third parties for purposes of improving the Service or market analysis.
- Data from a third-party tool or SNS, if you link it with the Service (e.g., Facebook or Google);
- Data we use to investigate and prevent fraud such as click-fraud or fraudulent refunds or rebates; and
- Data related to analytics and advertising, in order to provide you with access to better games and Services.
II. THE SOURCES OF INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- The Sources of Personal Information We Collect
SCM collects your information from (1) you, directly or through your use of the Service, (2) your interaction with SNS’s and (3) third parties such as service providers, business partners and SCM group companies.
By registering with your SNS login information, you allow SCM to access certain information from your profile for that particular SNS. The information you allow SCM to access is affected by the privacy settings you and your friends establish at the SNS. You can control and find out more about these settings directly from the respective SNS platform.
In addition, if you are a member of an SNS, the Services may also enable you to log in through an interface provided by that SNS. The Services may also enable you to access the SNS through the Services themselves. If you log in to one of the Services using an SNS, or access an SNS through one of the Services, we may receive the personal and non-personal information that you have provided (or provide in the future) to that SNS.
You may be able to specify what information is provided by the SNS to SCM using the privacy settings in your SNS profile information.
We may also collect your personal information through third-party platforms when you participate in our events, sweepstakes or contests (“Promotions”). If you choose to participate in any Promotions, you will be requested to provide your personal information such as your e-mail address or mailing address. In the event that you are a winner of an applicable Promotion, we may request evidence of your identification in order to verify your identity.
- Cookies and Other Technologies
A cookie is a small string of text that we, or service providers acting on our behalf, such as Google Analytics, send to your computer’s browser. Other types of cookies exist, but the cookies in the Services are only used to obtain browser or device-specific information.
Some cookies are necessary to enable a game to function properly and to allow your gameplay experience to continue from one session to another, or to prevent you from having to reenter your region and language each time you access the Services. Other cookies can show, for instance, which parts of the Services are the most popular, how much time users are spending there, and how they are interacting with the content. Cookies may be linked to your SCM account ID. They do not collect information from your computer that is not related to the Service.
You may have the option to disable cookies by changing the options in your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the pages you visit. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of our Services.
We may also use “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (individually or collectively “Pixel Tags”) in connection with our Services and to collect usage, demographic and geographical location data. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel that is ordinarily not visible to users and may be associated with cookies on a user’s device or hard drive. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Services and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns.
- The Purposes of Use of Personal Information We Collect
Generally, we use your information to provide you with an efficient and customized experience. For example, we may use information in the following ways to provide you the Services:
- To provide the Services;
- To allow us to enable you to reset your password if you have forgotten it;
- To provide technical support and respond to inquiries from you;
- To monitor the performance of our third-party vendors and distributors; and
- To help us to develop, deliver and improve the Services.
For users in the EEA, the legal basis for processing of the above personal information is to provide you with the Services you have requested and to prevent fraud or injury to the Services and our other customers.
Additionally, we may use your information to promote additional products or services, including:
- To inform you about new SCM products and promote SCM products;
- To contact you regarding events, sweepstakes, or campaigns you may participate in, and provide you with the requirements to join such events, as well to provide you with benefits and prizes from SCM;
- For market research purposes that support our efforts to deliver a more valuable service to our community of SCM users;
- To deliver and target advertising from third parties;
- To gather demographic information about SCM users in order to more effectively manage the Services and provide targeted advertising; and
- To hire you.
The EEA legal basis for this processing of your personal information is our pursuit of legitimate interests, specifically in this case the legitimate interest to optimize your experience with the Services by avoiding display of recommendations and offers that are irrelevant to you. If you or the relevant Data Controller are located in the EEA, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to such processing. To exercise this right, you may do so by contacting us as provided in the “Contact” link below or by visiting https://scmedia.com/.
If we send e-mail or SMS messages to you for the purpose of promoting SCM products or services, or those of a third-party partner, we will generally provide you with choices about receiving further such promotional messages. Preferences for “push” notifications may in most cases be adjusted through the Services or your computer or device.
- California Privacy Notice
|Categories of Personal Information Collected||Sources of Personal Information||Purposes of Use of Personal Information||Categories of Third Parties Whom We Disclose Personal Information|
|Protected information such as birthdate, gender, social security number, passport number, nationality, education and employment history, bank account number, credit card and debit card number or any other financial information||You, through your use of the Service; with your permission, third parties service providers, your browser, computer, mobile device; SNS’s if you choose to link them to the Services||To host and provide prize to you if you participated in any sweepstakes; to confirm your age (for appropriateness for certain games); for marketing research purposes; to prevent fraud and illegal activities; to hire you||Legal advisors and law enforcement; third party service providers such as payment processor, postal service, advertisement company, event organizers; SCM group companies|
|Audio and visual information such as audio and video recordings||You, through your use of the Service||To provide the Service|
|Internet activity such as browsing history, search history, data on interaction with webpage, application or advertisement||You, through your use of the Service; with your permission, third-party service providers, your browser, computer, mobile device||To generate aggregate statistics for business analytics; for marketing research purposes; to improve the Service||Third party service providers such as advertisement company, data analysis company and marketing research company|
|Commercial information such as order history and details, payments, refunds||You, through your use of the Service; with your permission, third-party service providers, your browser, computer, mobile device||To generate aggregate statistics for business analytics; for marketing research purposes; to improve the Service||Third party service providers such as advertisement company, data analysis company and marketing research company|
|Individual preferences and characteristics, such as inferences related to shopping or game play patterns and behaviors||You, through your use of the Service; with your permission, third-party service providers, your browser, computer, mobile device||To generate aggregate statistics for business analytics; for marketing research purposes; to improve the Service||Third party service providers such as advertisement company, data analysis company and marketing research company; SCM group companies|
III. HOW LONG WE KEEP IT
We will only store your information as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information is collected and processed or, where applicable law provides for longer storage and retention periods, for the storage and retention period required by law. After that your personal information will be deleted.
IV. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
A. With Third-Party Advertising Entities
We will not share your personal information with third-party advertisers, ad networks and ad platforms (“Advertising Entities“) for their direct marketing purposes unless you provide your consent.
We may share certain non-personal information with Advertising Entities to develop and deliver targeted advertising in the Services and on the websites of third parties. We may also allow Advertising Entities to collect non-personal information related to the performance of the advertisements, such as how many times an advertisement is shown, how long an advertisement is viewed, and any click-throughs of an advertisement. Advertising Entities may collect this information through the use of tracking technologies like browser cookies and web beacons.
B. With Other Service Providers
To help administer the Services, we may use and share your information with third-party service providers. These service providers will have access to your information only to perform the services they have been engaged to perform for us, and they have agreed not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. These service providers include:
- Payment processors, billing and refund vendors for the purposes of providing the Services;
- event organizers, hosts and venues in order to assure fair and appropriate administration of events in connection with the Service;
- Postal services for the purposes of delivering rewards and prizes to you for events and Promotions you may participate;
- Joint sponsors for events and Promotions you may participate;
- Data management or data analysis provider.
C. Within the SCM Group
We may share your information with other companies within the SCM group of companies for processing.
D. Under Special Circumstances
We may disclose information about you to law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of SCM or a third party, to protect the safety of any person or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be illegal or unethical.
If you or the relevant Data Controller is a resident of an EEA country, the legitimate interest in sharing this information is to comply with our legal obligations, and to protect the vital and legitimate interests of third parties, as the circumstances warrant.
In connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of SCM assets, including your personal information.
V. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. SCM uses an age screen in certain countries in which users are required to enter their ages. When our Service collects age information via an age screen prior to download and users identify themselves as under 13, the Service will block such users from providing personal information, will disable the collection of personal information from such users until they reach the age of 13, will not send any cookies to such users and will instruct third parties not to send cookies to such users. We will not collect more information from children under the age of 13 than is reasonably necessary to provide our Services. In one or more countries outside the United States, the applicable age is 14 rather than 13.
We encourage you to talk with your children about communicating with strangers and disclosing personal information online.
VI. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
SCM is committed to protecting the security of your information. We have implemented a company-wide “Personal Information Protection Program” to protect against identity theft and unauthorized access.
We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your login information or other identification in a non-secure or unsolicited communication (such as e-mail).
Should any breach of security occur, we will make any legally required disclosure to you by e-mail or posting on the Services as soon as reasonably possible, subject to (i) the requests of law enforcement and (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
VII. HOW YOU MAY CHANGE, REMOVE, OR EXPORT YOUR INFORMATION
You may request that we modify or delete your personal information from our database by submitting a request form on our homepage https://scmedia.com/. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for business administrative purposes.
Please note that communications you may send through the Services, as well as any comments you may post, will be stored by SCM, and may not be subject to modification or deletion.
You may also control the information that SCM collects through the settings in your browser. You may configure your browser to reject cookies from SCM and may adjust the settings of your game console to prevent the Service from obtaining location information. However, please note that the Service may rely on cookies and location information to function properly and some services may not be available if you disable cookies.
VIII. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
X. NON-US USERS
XI. RIGHTS OF USERS FROM THE EEA
A. Data Controller
B. Rights of EEA Residents
If you are accessing or using the website from within the EEA, you may have the following rights under the GDPR (as well as other rights). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you may do so by visiting https://scmedia.com/ or as provided in the applicable section below.
- Right of Access: You have the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not SCM processes personal information from you and you also have the right to at any time obtain access to your personal information stored by SCM.
- Right to Correction of your Personal Information: If we process your personal information, we use reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date for the purposes for which your personal information was collected. If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to require us to correct it.
- Right to Deletion of your Personal Information or Right to Restriction of Processing: You may have the right to require us to delete your personal information or to restrict of processing of your personal information.
- Right to Withdraw your Consent: If you have given your consent to the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on the consent before the withdrawal.
- Right to Data Portability: You may have the right to receive the personal information concerning you and which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transmit this data to another controller.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint with Supervisory Authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority located in the European Union. Further information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
XII. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a resident of California and SCM user, you are entitled to request that we provide (1) the categories and specific pieces of your “personal information” (as defined in California Civil Code Section 1798.140) that we collected, used, disclosed or sold to third parties, (2) the categories of sources from which we collect your personal information, (3) the purposes for collecting or sharing your personal information, (4) the categories of third parties with whom we shared or to whom we sold, and/or (5) to request that we delete your personal information from our database. If you are a California resident and have provided SCM with personal information within the last year, you may make such a request by submitting a request form on our homepage https://scmedia.com/.
Within 45 days of receiving such a request and authenticating the requester’s identity, SCM will provide electronically or by mail a list of requested information (to the extent required by law) during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. We are not required to honor your request more than twice per calendar year.
If you are a California resident and SCM user, you may also opt out of the sale of your personal information by us to third parties by filling out the contact form on our homepage https://scmedia.com/, notifying us, “Do Not Sell My Personal Information.”
If you are a California resident and SCM user aged between 13 and 16, we will not share your personal information with third parties without your affirmative opt-in consent.
You will not be discriminated against by exercising any of your privacy rights under this Section.
XIII. CONTACTING SCM