El Segundo, Calif. - December 13, 2021 - Publisher Rocket Panda Games and developer MAGES are excited to to reveal that Phantom Breaker: Omnia, the latest installment in the beloved 2D anime fighting saga, is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Steam (PC) on March 15, 2022 for a MSRP of $39.99.
Phantom Breaker Omnia is a massive update to Phantom Breaker: Extra, a 2D anime fighting game released only in Japan in 2011. For the first time in the series’ history, this chapter will be available to Western audiences including new characters, full HD graphics, and much more!
"Today, the team is ecstatic to announce 'Phantom Breaker: Omnia's' release date," said M. Panda, Executive Panda and Co-Founder of Rocket Panda Games. "The addition of new characters, features and updates to the game has taken more time than anticipated - but for our first self-published game we had to ensure we’re producing the game to the best of our ability. The 'Phantom Breaker: Omnia' project has evolved far beyond a simple port and has become an enhanced and complete Phantom Breaker experience. The fire in all of our hearts will be burning next March!"
Phantom Breaker: Omnia will be the first fighting game title in the franchise to see a Western release after the successful 2013 launch of the 2D side-scrolling beat ’em up spin-off Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds which sold over 400,000 copies.
In the game, a mysterious man, known only as ‘Phantom’ appears in Tokyo, to manipulate vulnerable adolescents into fighting each other, bestowing upon them mystical weapons of great strength known as ‘Fu-mension Artifacts.’ In exchange, he promised to grant their wish if they survive. The fierce clashes between these artifacts caused distortions in space-time, which compromised the boundaries between parallel universes. The collapse of these parallel universes would ultimately break the seal, unleashing Phantom’s destructive powers.
- 20 Characters - Includes all characters from Phantom Breaker: Extra like Kurisu , Makise from Steins;Gate and two brand new characters created specifically for Phantom Breaker: Omnia.
- Three different fighting styles: Quick, Hard, and Omnia - Drastically change your characters’ speed, power, and mechanics based on your choice.
- Complex combos returned and rebalanced - Pulling off amazing combos and special attacks has never been easier as Phantom Breaker: Omnia's fighting system has been overhauled and rebalanced.
- Dual language audio and more - A first on the Phantom Breaker series, all characters will have English voice acting. The game’s text will be also translated into English, Japanese, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
- Modern, remixed soundtrack - The background music for each character has been redone and remixed with the option to play the original background music.
- The complete experience - Players can immerse themselves with the stories from both the original Phantom Breaker and Phantom Breaker: Extra.
About Phantom Breaker: Omnia
THE FIRE IN YOUR HEART IS BURNING!
Phantom Breaker: Omnia is a fast-paced 2-D anime fighting game that features 20 unique characters, pitted against one another to make their greatest wishes come true. The ability to choose between 3 fighting styles will appeal to seasoned gamers while making the game accessible to newcomers. The game features 2 guest characters, Kurisu Makise from Steins;Gate and Rimi Sakihata from Chaos;Head, as well as two brand new characters created specifically for Phantom Breaker: Omnia.
About Rocket Panda Games
Yeah, we're new, but our team has been around the game industry block. We're gamers and we're fans, and we want the same things you do: cool games, more options, and a better gaming experience. We're in the business of fun!
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Discord or on our official website.
In a time of rapid technological development, MAGES strives to deliver fun and exciting experiences to audiences worldwide. With a strong focus on visual novels, MAGES has developed and published several well-received IPs including the Phantom Breaker series and Steins;Gate in its native country of Japan.